Thursday, December 30, 2010

Let's just do a quick update -

I think I need to start coming to terms with the fact that I just might be one of those "women" (it's weird to put myself in that category, it makes me feel really 'Adult') whose body ... well, just doesn't like being pregnant. Let's ignore the horrific morning sickness that was felt as though it was never going to end, and just focus on the newest symptoms.
Numb fingers and aching wrists - thank you water retention for flaring up my carpal tunnel. Now when I wake up in the morning, you wont have to worry about me being able to turn a door knob without wincing in pain, or being able to do the simplest of tasks, like say .. grabbing a straw. You never realize how much you rely on the sense of "touch" until your index finger and middle finger on both hands completely lose it.
Burning skin - Baby Benjamin loves me OH SO MUCH, that he is going to constantly push on ONE nerve that causes a patch of skin to feel as though it's on fire. So 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week until he comes into this world, I'll be greeted with another WARM (pun INTENDED) welcome :) ... grr.
Bed Rest - I am also one of the "women" who have a MUCH thinner cervix than most. Normal cervix's are about 3 cm thick, mine happens to be 1.5 or smaller (we'll know exactly at my next ultra sound appointment). Which means, as the baby puts on weight my bed rest will get stricter because he'll start to more more pressure and thus increasing the risk of my cervix starting to dilate. Which makes me worry more about the next issue ..
Gestational Diabetes. This is by far the scariest to me. Since G.D can cause higher birth weights it scares me that I will deliver much earlier than I should because his weight will start putting pressure on my cervix sooner than we think. And the thought of having a c - section scares me to death. Not to mention, the stress of making sure I am eating the right amount of ... everything, to ensure a healthy baby.

And thats just the medical stuff. I have a whole list of emotional issues going on too.
Like the fact Travis doesn't want to be with me, and he's avoiding even talking to me. Which just makes this whole pregnancy SO much easier. :/
I'm trying to continue to tell myself that everything happens for a reason, I'm just still trying to find out what the reason for all of this is.
I'm sure it will all make sense in the end, I'm just hoping for a glimmer of light at the end of this tunnel. :)

1 comment: